This email mini-course is an excerpt from Android Design Patterns: Interaction Design Solutions for Developers (Wiley 2013).
“The humorous prose is colorful and makes the material a fun read… This is very “visual” reading, and is much enjoyed and appreciated. The analysis is spot on, and expertly worded… It’s a winner. We need more of this colorful kind of writing about technical things.”
– Smashing Magazine reviewer
You’ll learn how mobile design for Android 4.x is different from iOS:
The AutoTrader app is a typical example of a straight port, which is to say that it is basically an iOS app that was quickly and minimally made to work for Android. This 10-part mini-course will show you how to redesign this app for Android 4.x (Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean).
You’ll learn Android 4.x Design Patterns, Get Source Code and Mini-Apps:
Finish up the AutoTrader redesign with picking the right pattern to use and get a sample of the 58 design patterns and 12 anti-patterns from Android Design Patterns: Interaction Design Solutions for Developers (Wiley 2013). Complete with source code walk-through and downloadable mini-app of 2 experimental patterns.
Sign up below to get:
- Your free 10-part Android design mini-course + bonus design patterns from my new book — right in your inbox.
- Ongoing mobile and tablet design pattern articles on special topics like Welcome patterns and Navigation.
- More downloadable mini-apps complete with Java source code for Android experimental patterns.
- No spam. Ever. Unsubscribe anytime.
Join over 3,000 subscribers – and enter your email below: